June 28, 2013

I ♥ Twitter

@twitter

If you want to really get to know me, just have a look at my Twitter feed.
I reveal a lot about myself, what I love and don't love, in those 140 characters - thoughts, cheese, recipes, rants, information, quotes, questions,  places, photos and more.

And if you ask me, the Twitter community is the best!

Friends and followers on Twitter helped us when we were researching for a new place to live in France and when I was frantically searching for an apartment in Paris one winter. Through Twitter I was invited to spend an evening running around the Louvre, to impromptu Thanksgiving and Christmas celebrations in Paris and to attend a camp for Cassoulet lovers in the heart of Gascony (I can't believe that was six years ago!).
Thanks to Twitter I have friends in Paris, Normandy and all over who keep me laughing, inspired and in the know.

Twitter is by far my favorite form of social media. Facebook is a close second, and I love sharing photos on Instagram and Pinterest, but they just don't have the same appeal.
As for Google+...well, I don't quite get it yet, but I'm hoping that will change one day soon.

My Twitter handle: @louloufrance
Hope to see you there!


A quick shout out and thank you to David Lebovitz, who reminded me yesterday that Google Reader is disappearing at the end of the month. If you subscribe to Chez Loulou using an RSS reader, you can migrate to one of the following: Feedly, Newsfire, Blog Lovin' or The Old Reader. If you're using an iPad or other mobile device, you'll find Flipboard useful.


Pin It

8 comments:

Laetitia said...

I love both your twitter and instagram feed ;-)

Madonna/aka/Ms Lemon of Make Mine Lemon said...

I am very afraid of twitter. I am afraid my snarky side will overpower my good sense. I don't understand Facebook, but I am trying.

Unknown said...

Me, too! I love how Twitter allows me to stay connected to my friends in France -- including you! :)

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Oh yes Jennifer you love Twitter :-) I love your feeds too ,,

American Mom in Bordeaux said...

Yes, I'm falling in love with Twitter too! I totally agree with your about google+ - still trying to figure it out also! I'm currently falling in love with instagram for it's ease of posting quick photos-snipits of life! It's fun to look at those I follow on instagram and see photos from ALL over the world on any given day! It definitely makes the world a smaller place!!

Jennifer said...

Laetitia
Thank you! :) They are great for sharing little snippets of life.

Ms Lemon
lol
I sometimes let my snarky side come out. It's therapeutic in a way. :)

Jennifer said...

Ann
That is one of my favorite things about it as well!

Anne
I do! I admit it. :)
Glad you enjoy them too.

Jennifer said...

Jennifer
I agree about Instagram. And I love seeing how others capture a scene or a moment with their phone. It does make the world smaller.